The Westwood Strategic Global Convertibles strategy:
- Is actively managed, utilizing both a top-down and bottom-up investment process.
- Invests in 60-90 companies with attractive valuations, with a goal of maintaining a delta range between 30 and 80.
- Seeks to provide equity-like returns with lower volatility through a disciplined investment process.
- Looks to achieve 2% excess return above the Thomson Reuters Global Focus Convertible Bond Index on an annualized basis over a full market cycle.
- Maintains a fully invested portfolio that is diversified among regions and sectors.
- Controls risk by using a sophisticated convertible analytics system, KYNEX, as well as employing an independent risk management team that uses a state-of-the-art monitoring system, FinAnalytica Cognity, and conducts a formal review on a monthly basis.
The five-person investment team, with an average of 15 years of industry experience, utilizes a team approach to portfolio management. The team also draws upon Westwood’s other investment professionals, including more than 20 fundamental research analysts covering global equity markets.