Westwood Short Duration High Yield Bond
The Westwood Short Duration High Yield portfolio is our newest product offering and is subadvised by SKY Harbor Capital Management, LLC. The strategy aims to generate high current income by investing principally in better quality, non‐investment grade debt securities of US companies expected to be retired in three years or less through maturities, calls or tenders. An attractive feature of the Short Duration Strategy is its ability to generate consistent investment income.
SKY Harbor Capital Management, LLC is an independent investment management firm focused on core high yield and short duration high yield strategies for domestic and international institutional investors.
Key portfolio characteristics
- Seeks to achieve low volatility achieved through consistency of monthly returns
- Average duration 1.6-1.8 years; 150-225 securities owned
- High natural turnover expected to provide steady reinvestment opportunity & liquidity
Investment candidates generally have:
- Stable businesses with predictable cash flows
- Substantial financial flexibility to minimize negative credit events
- Generate more cash than needed to meet corporate and financial obligations
- Management biased towards improving creditworthiness
Please contact us to learn more about this and other Westwood portfolios or to set up a meeting with a member of our team.